I could stick around...
Sitting around watching Masterchef while waiting for dinner to cook. They're in New York City this week. Man, seeing Central Park on Masterchef already had a slight surreal quality. I'd like to go there some day :)
I woke up quite early this morning, despite having slept at 4:00 am yesterday. I've finished reading Perks...and I really enjoyed it. I teared a few times, and the short novel had that almost perfect tone that a 'coming of age' novel should have: slightly painful, raw, confused and with a tinge of nostalgia at the end. I have to read it again, but not right away.
Woke up at 8:00 am, got ready, then headed out to Camberwell Sunday Market. It was a cold morning, but soon after leaving te apartment the sun began to shine and it was really quite a nice day :) At the market, I got a set of the first four Harry Potter books for my sister at AUD 20 which is a steal if you ask me! Sure the books were second hand, but you'd never tell EXCEPT for the slight crease down the middle of the book spines. Also got a Smiths DVD for myself and an ACDC DVD for my dad. I haven't gotten anything for my mum at the moment, but I will! Lunch was at Hoi's Cafe, because the brunch place Madame Mango's was closed. Looks like they close on Sundays...but I really wasn't expecting that because brunch places don't usually close on Sundays....or do they? Haha.
Came home and it was the perfect day for a nap, causing me to miss out on gym today :P But I'll just go tomorrow! Okay dinner time. Slightly tempted to reread Harry Potter instead of Catch 22, but no! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment