Some people may look down on me...
Today was one of those days I felt inexplicably down. My day started fairly normal but after breakfast my mood just went downhill. I spent the day feeling irritable and upset. It's the upset part that gets to you because you can't concentrate on things you're supposed to do and things happening around you. Worse if you're in the company of other people and have to keep up a cheery face.
Anyway, by 5:00 PM I couldn't take it anymore and I just needed to get my evening moving earlier than planned. I went to the gym and did a cardio workout. Felt so much better after that. After changing at the gym, I went to Woolies to buy some groceries - yoghurt, baby rocket, seafood mix, olive oil to name a few.
*****
I made a healthy salad for dinner! But as usual, it was so yummy I ate enough for two. Yes, I'm the type of cook who eats the food as she is preparing it. Cake batter with raw eggs in it is no exception.
Brown Rice Salad
Ingredients:
Brown rice - cooked
Tuna chunks in springwater - drained
Baby rocket
Balsamic vinegar
Cherry tomatoes - cut into quarters
Cucumbers - diced into small chunks
Salt & pepper if needed
Aaaand just mix all the above together! It's absolutely fresh and delicious. There are no measurements because I just added as much of the ingredients as I wanted. Lots of tuna and tomatoes for me! I had leftover brown rice from lunch I made yesterday so I needed something to do with it.
I used the leftover tuna I had to make a sandwich filler of tuna, mayo and onions.
*****
Alright, so I am feeling down. Tomorrow will be a new day.
:)

1 comment:
I wish I was there!
I miss your food too ...
Please don't be too sad tomorrow (well today is already tomorrow for you) ... thank goodness for cardio yeah? gets those happy endorphins going
Post a Comment